Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stephanie Brown, my hero...

Stephanie Brown
"The only variable you can control is yourself. You can forget who you are, or you can be who you want to be. That’s why you stay. You stay for a second chance."

Stephanie Brown. She's my hero, you know. I can relate to her somehow.









"That little “here we go” at the end of Batgirl #24 always, always gets me. As though it is not truly an ending, but simply a different kind of beginning.
 
I think what makes this entire series so uplifting is the vivid sense of hope in it. As many terrible things as she’s been through, Steph’s still so hopeful that it. It never fails to bring me genuinely to tears; I am constantly reminded me that I, too, am capable of this kind of outlook. And I think, to varying degrees, we all are. I like to hope so, anyway."
 Source: heckyeahbatfam

We're just this damn naive little girls who's still hoping, still optimist about this world. Little kindness like saying 'thank you' is big enough to us. We're not the best at what we're good at, but we're okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment